Toto Drake I and Luxe Bidet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Magmag

Reaction score
I'm buying a new toilet. It appears the Drake II has had problems with the Luxe Bidet attachment, due to the Tornado flush system. Does the Drake I work easily with it? I like the Luxe 180 model and would rather not have to switch to a more expensive one.

I also have various requirements: a standard seat height so small children can use it easily, a round bowl for a small bathroom, a large no-clog trapway. If anyone has a recommendation over the Drake to suit these needs that isn't more expensive, I'd be interested.

Magmag

Reaction score
I'm also seeing that Gerber Flush Assist is recommended. Does that offer superior no-clogging over the Drake (while being compatible with most bidet attachments)?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pressure assist should clog less due to the increased speed. It helps break things up and gives more force through the trap way.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Might be helpful to understand what issue is causing the clash between Drake II and Luxe.. and specifically which Luxe model.

From just glancing at the Luxe site I see that their bidet is always in the bowl. Which means that the outlet sits within the flood level of the toilet.. so I wonder how they handle backflow protection. I'll be sending them a couple questions about UPC and Backflow approvals tomorow.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Might be helpful to understand what issue is causing the clash between Drake II and Luxe.. and specifically which Luxe model.

From just glancing at the Luxe site I see that their bidet is always in the bowl. Which means that the outlet sits within the flood level of the toilet.. so I wonder how they handle backflow protection. I'll be sending them a couple questions about UPC and Backflow approvals tomorow.
If its supplied from the valve the vacuum breaker in the valve should do it. The add on bidet seats are the ones I question.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If its supplied from the valve the vacuum breaker in the valve should do it. The add on bidet seats are the ones I question.
I'm certain that the bidet is supplied from a tee at the supply tube. These bolt directly under the seat. But I don't see anything that indicates they have a UPC rating.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have always been suspicious.
Just install a bidet seat for your home, you will never want to go back. I like the ones that plug in, warm when you sit down, warm water wash and dry, also comes with a premist to wet the bowl so things stay cleaner.

index.php

I installed this for my brother, his 1907 home.

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just install a bidet seat for your home, you will never want to go back. I like the ones that plug in, warm when you sit down, warm water wash and dry, also comes with a premist to wet the bowl so things stay cleaner.
I do in fact have one and I do love it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks