Toto-Drake, Eco-Drake, UltraMax

Users who are viewing this thread

Decisions4us

Reaction score
My husband (the Diy-er) in the house, has left the toilet decision to me. Oh joy! :confused: I'm very conscious about our water consumption as our garden water barrels will attest. However, I'm completely confused how to make the decision on the model. Our old American Std. needs plunging every day now, even though all the "innards" have been replaced. It's down to the 3 I've listed. What is the real bottom line of differences between the 3? There are 2 of us in our home, we plan to sell in the next couple of years, and this is the company bathroom.
Also, in the which comes first category....we want to break up and remove the tile floor and replace it with wood. Which comes first--the toilet replacement or the floor replacement?
Thanks for your help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Replace the floor first.

Then put the new toilet down over the new tile.

The ADA bowls work a little better, so go with the Eco this time.
I have two of the Eco in the home, they are working fine.

The difference between the Ultramax and the Drake?
It's mainly looks. The parts are the same and performance is similar enough so that it becomes a non issue.

I like the one-piece look, and cleaning is nicer too.

robo_geek

Reaction score
Just installed four new Toto Drakes

to save a few $$, we went with two ADA height, two regular.

The two bathrooms the kids tend to use are regular height, grown-ups get ADA height.

Installed these back in January 2009, to replace four Gerber 1.6GPF toilets that blocked once a week.

So far have had only two blocks in about six months, which is amazing, since our kids flush 'everything but the cat'. :D

I installed these myself, and really like the fact that the tank internals are all pre-installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks