TOTO Drake Dual/Drake II hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Lytle

Reaction score
So, I currently have a Drake Dual-flush and don't really like the low/narrow waterspot because my little one can't yet sit far enough back to hit the target, but I LOVE the 0.8gpf that still handles average solids and paper like a champ. I'm wondering if it's possible to hybridize the Drake II bowl and the Drake dual-flush tank, or if there is some way to convert the 1.28gpf of the D II tank to dual? Is 0.8 even enough to evacuate all the water in the D II bowl, or am I just stuck? Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II can be had as a 1G toilet. The 1G Drake II is a good product.
CST454CUFG

ST453U tank
C454CUFG bowl

The 746 series I won't be selling anymore. I saw one yesterday looking at other stuff. It was disgusting. Sorry.
I had installed one at my son's home, and we tossed it after a month. I don't often toss to the dump one month old toilets.

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
The Drake II can be had as a 1G toilet. The 1G Drake II is a good product.
CST454CUFG

ST453U tank
C454CUFG bowl

The 746 series I won't be selling anymore. I saw one yesterday looking at other stuff. It was disgusting. Sorry.
I had installed one at my son's home, and we tossed it after a month. I don't often toss to the dump one month old toilets.
I just don’t understand why Toto felt they had to redesign the Drake. They have the Drake II and the G-Max, both of which work perfectly. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Just my two cents.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In many places around the world, water use is a major concern, and, where they actually use a flush toilet, cutting down water use on something that is generally used numerous times per day per occupant, makes sense. They're moving the whole capital of Jakarta for two reasons, sea level rise and subsistence because they're pumping so much ground water out, the ground is sinking. The deep water supply places like El Paso, TX is tapping was tested and they discovered the water down there reached there in the order of 10,o0o years ago, and the climate has changed, so it's not going to be recharged in our lifetimes, or for probably millennia, if ever.

The hassle with any low-volume toilet is that the bowl can't hold much, since when you flush it, there's only so much you can use to refill...that means that the water spot has the chance of either being wide, but shallow, or narrow, and deeper...it's a tradeoff. It also means less rinsing, which puts a premium on well engineered water flow into the bowl that tries to make the best of what's available.

Water availability is a critical thing in every country, but not necessarily in all areas of each one.

Eric Lytle

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Terry. I directed my gripe to TOTO and they offered a free upgrade to the Drake sequel, but only in the 1.28gpf version. I think I'll be happy with it, but I'm going to miss the dual flush.

Reach4

Reaction score
There are dual flush conversion kits. I have no relevant experience, but you might search around to see if people like Danco HYR271T, or Fluidmaster 550DFRK,

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for the response, Terry. I directed my gripe to TOTO and they offered a free upgrade to the Drake sequel, but only in the 1.28gpf version. I think I'll be happy with it, but I'm going to miss the dual flush.

What is the Drake Sequel?
Does it have a model number?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks