Toto Drake CST776 convert 1.6 to 1.28GPF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbledon

Reaction score
New to forum, great resource! Bought a house that needs a couple toilets replaced, looking like the Drake is raved just about everywhere and I appreciate a good flush! All things being equal I'd prefer the 1.28 gpf of the CST776CEFG, I'm on well/septic and like the idea of a bit less water. But I can get a much better price on a CST776CSFG (1.6GPF). Done some research on the model and according to the TOTO spec sheets they use the same bowl. Can you convert the CSFG 1.6 flush DOWN to a 1.28 flush, adjust/replace the flapper? I see questions and commentary on going UP from a 1.28, but how about down from a 1.6 model.

Secondly, is there any noted differences in performance of these two models, they look completely identical except for the flush spec. Even the part number for the flapper is identical between them (as an option on the CEFG -THU826-A)

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know if the 1.28 version has a flush tower or a flapper.

Peterson

Reaction score
I'd go with the 1.6 if you can get them substantially cheaper. They are very good toilets. You are only saving .3 gallons which is about 1 quart. If we were talking gallons, I could definitely see wanting to go with the more efficient of the two, but for only 1 quart, I'd stick with the 1.6.

Plumbledon

Reaction score
I'd go with the 1.6 if you can get them substantially cheaper. They are very good toilets. You are only saving .3 gallons which is about 1 quart. If we were talking gallons, I could definitely see wanting to go with the more efficient of the two, but for only 1 quart, I'd stick with the 1.6.
Thanks, yeah it looks like I can always swap the flush valve down the road if I really want to get down to 1.28.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
index.php

TOTO's new Drakes at the CST775 and CST776 versions

The round bowl is C775CEFG, with 16-1/8" high bowl

Elongated bowls comes in
C776CEG, 15-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG, 16-1/8" high bowl
C776CEFG.10, 16-1/8" high bowl

F = 16-1/8" high bowl

Tanks can be 1.28 and 1.6
E = 1.28
S = 1.60

You can rotate in and out the flush valves.

Plumbledon

Reaction score
Thanks again for the feedback. I ended up going with the Kohler Elmbrook (Home Depot on sale). A nice looking toilet with lots of positive feedback on reviews, 1.28gpf, aquapiston and 2 1/8 glazed trap. I like the Drake but local inventory, timeline and budget made me look for alternatives. I do see comments on the flush being too fast on these affecting performance, I have no problem holding the lever, do wonder about extending the quick flush thinking of guests, etc. We'll see how it goes. Any pointers?

Peterson

Reaction score
Thanks again for the feedback. I ended up going with the Kohler Elmbrook (Home Depot on sale). A nice looking toilet with lots of positive feedback on reviews, 1.28gpf, aquapiston and 2 1/8 glazed trap. I like the Drake but local inventory, timeline and budget made me look for alternatives. I do see comments on the flush being too fast on these affecting performance, I have no problem holding the lever, do wonder about extending the quick flush thinking of guests, etc. We'll see how it goes. Any pointers?
I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's basically the same flush/bowl design as the Kohler Highline/Wellworth, etc. The Elmbrook is a sharp looking fixture. I think now it's almost second nature with most people to hold the handle down on these newer toilets if you think you'll need more water to flush everything down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks