Toto Drake and Kohler Cimmaron - are they loud?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by JimBee, Apr 2, 2020.

1. JimBee

JimBee New Member

I'm replacing an older Kohler toilet (not sure of the model but it's about 15 years old I think) and am trying to decide between a Toto Drake (CST744EG-01) and a Kohler Cimmaron (3609-U-0). Both reportedly have good flushing and we like the standard size so it seems like it's down to aesthetics. Some reviews I read describe the Toto as having a loud flush. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Is it as loud as a pressure-assist toilet? Is the Cimmaron similar?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Sound levels between the Kohler and the TOTO are similar.
    No, they are not loud and they are not pressure assist. I give a slight edge to the TOTO for performance. Either one will be better than what you had.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. JimBee

JimBee New Member

Thanks Terry. That is what I am looking for. I'm leaning to the Toto myself but it looks like we'll be fine with whichever we choose.

5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    The thing to also consider is availability of the wear parts (in the tank). Kohler tends to be a tougher one to get parts for as they tend to change designs fairly frequently. Some of the newer Totos can be, but most of them use off the shelf stuff, often supplied by Korky, generally available in the big box stores so you don't have to make a special trip to a plumbing supply house.

6. Andrew Miller

Andrew Miller New Member

Plumber
    I think Toto Drake II best toilet

7. JimBee

JimBee New Member

Thanks all. Truly appreciate the info and it helped sway me to order the Toto Drake.