Toto Drake 2 Tornado flush water inlet cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Mkd

Reaction score
New to the forum however i have viewed topics several times. We installed two Drake 2 toilets with the tornado flush and they really are easy to clean with the fancy finish on them, However i have water stains in the two inlets where the water goes into the bowl during the flush cycle. Wondering the easiest and best method to clean the porcelain inlets and how far the tubes can be cleaned ? I am guessing a brush of some sort that would not damage the porcelan is the solution but thought i would ask here first before i go and damage something. Hoping i can find the answers here by someone who has dealt with the problem. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A brush can be used in conjunction with a cleaner. I use Dawn dishwashing detergent from the kitchen for that. Even a toothbrush would work if you have an old one that isn't being used.

Reactions: Mkd

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Probably the build up is mineral based from water/pee precipitates. After removing all water, full strength CLR might be worth a try (Toto tech support recommended as something to try). Toto tech support line typically says "never heard of build up".
I've used muriatic acid but it is very dangerous and I'd not guarantee how it would affect the Cefiontect (aka CEFIONTECT)

Mkd

Reaction score
Probably the build up is mineral based from water/pee precipitates. After removing all water, full strength CLR might be worth a try (Toto tech support recommended as something to try). Toto tech support line typically says "never heard of build up".
I've used muriatic acid but it is very dangerous and I'd not guarantee how it would affect the Cefiontect (aka CEFIONTECT)
Looking for info on a good curved brush to follow the curve of the orifice better. Tooth brush is straight and gets the left outlet ok however the right one is on a tighter arc of the elongation of the bowl. Dawn dish soap is all i used. Maybe a 1/2 " piece of nylon rope if it fit tight enough could be twisten in both water exits and clean more than just the outer rim.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Certain areas of Florida water is finicky. I lived in Palm Beach County for 26 years and hardly ever has an issue with the water (toilet bowl), the last six years in Central Florida and I need to keep up with the bowl water. Both homes have city water. With the three bowls I get a lot of harmless black algae in the bathroom sink faucet aerators and at the water outlet under the bowl ring. Occasionally, the black matter wants to stick to the porcelain including the Toto toilets (non CEFIONTECT). Take sometimes a lot of effort to to brush them off so a little squirt of bowl cleaner and let it sit for a while does the trick.

Liquid bowl cleaner comes in basically three types, Ammonia Chlorides (non acid), Hydrochloric acid (acid) and sodium hyper chlorides (bleach). On the PH scale I think they are all on the acid side. At my church one bowl rarely used had a hard water ring where CLR and other cleaners wouldn't touch it. I purchased an acidic bowl cleaner (HD), let is sit a few hours and the stains effortlessly came right out with a brush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks