Toto Drake 1.28gph, elongated with cefiontect in cotton white : recommended seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike89

Reaction score
I really wanted ADA height, but it seems the particular combo I wanted does not exist in the Drake series (elongated, ADA height, 1.28gpf, cefiontect). Closest are elongated ada, cefiontect and 1.6gpf, or what i selected, regular height, elongated cefiontect 1.28gpf transitional tank(C744EG#01 + ST744E#01, somehow cheaper if i buy the bowl and tank separately...326 CAD).

Anyway as good as the Toto toilets seem to be, people do not seem to be too fond of their seats. I was wondering what people are using (brand/model) that have a good fit for the Drake elongated, and don't clash with the cotton white bowl/tank. Looking for a comfortable full plastic seat, with slow close.

PS I can get all my options with the Drake II, but the MAP score seems lower. Sounds like going backwards, for 200$ more.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst454-green.jpg

The bowl height on the C454CUFG Drake II is 16-1/8" before you add the seat.
The elongated standard height C744EG bowl is 14-5/8"
They also make an ADA original Drake bowl C744EL which is 16-5/8"

If the bowl is kept clean on a timely basis, they all work fine. Yes, I do like the Cefiontect finish a bit better, but certainly not a deal breaker.

Anything over 500 grams is a very good toilet. You may be overthinking this.
In the early 90's it was common to see ratings of around 200 grams.

Mike89

Reaction score
cst454-green.jpg

The bowl height on the C454CUFG Drake II is 16-1/8" before you add the seat.
The elongated standard height C744EG bowl is 14-5/8"
They also make an ADA original Drake bowl C744EL which is 16-5/8"

If the bowl is kept clean on a timely basis, they all work fine. Yes, I do like the Cefiontect finish a bit better, but certainly not a deal breaker.

Anything over 500 grams is a very good toilet. You may be overthinking this.
In the early 90's it was common to see ratings of around 200 grams.

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a non-Toto seat you would recommend? Specifically for the Drake EL in cotton white?

Also, what is the deal with Toto tanks? Seems lined tanks are the exception...We have very high humidity here, and I fear I will have condensation issues if i go with an unlined tank.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Bowls are either elongated or round. Some others are starting to make a cotton white that matches the TOTO better now. With the tank only using 1.28 gallons, unless you hold the handle down and dump the entire tank, it shouldn't get that cold.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
TOday's toilets don't dump the entire tank, so that means there's some (likely) room-temp water left in the tank to help temper the incoming cold water. I might be a problem if the toilet was flushed repeatedly before it could warm up what's left in the tank...then, it could reach the incoming water temperature since there'd be no room temperature water left to warm it up.

Even with insulation, if the tank were used very frequently, insulation only slows the transfer of heat...it doesn't stop it, so the exterior could still get cold.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
?......Anyway as good as the Toto toilets seem to be, people do not seem to be too fond of their seats. I was wondering what people are using (brand/model) that have a good fit for the Drake elongated, and don't clash with the cotton white bowl/tank. Looking for a comfortable full plastic seat, with slow close.

I have two Toto’s with the Toto seats in cotton white. The seats are elongated and soft close. They are made quite well and the plastic is perhaps thicker than other brands. What is noticeably different is the bottom part of the seat curves a bit around the top porcelain rim of the bowl. This causes the seat rim to look wider but I never measured if there is a difference from other brands. I see no issues with it, however, all elongated bowls can accept any elongated seat. Bemis brand soft close models have several different bolt attachments. Some allow a quick release with no tools to remove the seat for cleaning. I do prefer Bemis over other brands.

Mike89

Reaction score
Thanks all of the info.

Wondering if it is more risky to order bowl and tank separately, vs ordering a full toilet, from a fitment stand point. I like my current options, but I don't want to end up with a tank that does not fit the bowl...
Bowls are either elongated or round. Some others are starting to make a cotton white that matches the TOTO better now. With the tank only using 1.28 gallons, unless you hold the handle down and dump the entire tank, it shouldn't get that cold.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
As long as the tank and bowl are the same model series, both will always fit. Bowls are fired separately from the tanks during manufacturing. The tank and lids are fired together so as the clay shrinks both parts will mesh for a near perfect fit.

When I remodeled my main bath (Aug-Oct 2018) I did all the purchasing, hired a tile guy, a plumber and a quartz counter top contractor. When I ordered the Toto from Home Depot as one stock number, the bowl and tank were shipped separately. By the time I unboxed them for installation by the plumber, I noticed one box was made in Vietnam and the other in Mexico. I don’t remember which part was made in one of these two countries but there was no problem with them. Cotton white color matched perfectly. Most toilets are packaged separately. Only in big box stores will you find one box packaging on some units such as Glacier Bay. BTW elongated bowls are much heavier than standard round and with the weight of both in one box it can get a bit too heavy and large for some and a higher chance of being dropped.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might find that you end up spending more if you order the two separately, essentially, as replacement parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks