Users who are viewing this thread

mark barbieri

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a Toto Diverter
Toto THU4131
As when I turn to the tub i still get water come from the shower head and vice versa. Could it be anything else other than the diverter?
Any way, I purchased a new toto diverter and it comes in 4 parts. The brass cylinder, a rubber plug, a spring and a tiny red plastic disc. I assume the plug goes in the cylinder, then the spring but where on earth does this small red plastic disc go? Apparently this is a crucial part as if I install without it then I get water gushing out of both the tub spigot and the shower head. I've search far and high on the world wide web but I cannot find a single instruction on how to install. Please let me know if you have any ideas!
Thank you, Mark

https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/PD-00690_TSPTR_TSPVR.pdf

IMG_0635.jpg

toto-thu4131.jpg

thu4131.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bobkatgtkg

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a Toto Diverter
Toto THU4131
As when I turn to the tub i still get water come from the shower head and vice versa. Could it be anything else other than the diverter?
Any way, I purchased a new toto diverter and it comes in 4 parts. The brass cylinder, a rubber plug, a spring and a tiny red plastic disc. I assume the plug goes in the cylinder, then the spring but where on earth does this small red plastic disc go? Apparently this is a crucial part as if I install without it then I get water gushing out of both the tub spigot and the shower head. I've search far and high on the world wide web but I cannot find a single instruction on how to install. Please let me know if you have any ideas!
Thank you, Mark

https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/PD-00690_TSPTR_TSPVR.pdf

The little red plastic disc plugs the hole in the rubber plug(as you say). It goes BETWEEN the rubber plug and the spring. The old rubber plug had no hole, and hence, a red plastic disk was not necessary. I don't know why the engineers changed the design.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks