TOTO CT746 won't stop running

Users who are viewing this thread

Lindag

Reaction score
I have a Toto Drake CT746CUG#01 toilet that won't stop running. After I flush it, water runs inside the bowl while the tank is trying to fill up. If I stop the filler (black tube) by that white tube in the middle of the tank, the water stops flowing in the bowl and the tank finishes filling. Sometimes stops running. Sometimes I have adjust the float level (the little screw inside the green cover on the left) to get it to quit. I have never fixed a toilet before so I really don't know where to start or what tools I need. I can't find a video "how-to" for the toilet.

Is a CT746 the same as a CST746?

I have included a picture of the label inside the tank. I think it's the tank part number plus a list of parts used inside it.

We have a private well. We live in farmland so our water has sediment.
I have been looking on the forum and other places and I can't find any information about how to fix the problem. The manual isn't that great.
Right now the water is turned off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AIMG_20220723_072633788.jpg

This is the tag inside the tank. It has the part numbers on it.

AIMG_20220723_072712101_HDR.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wonder if the red line from the handle is sticking on the fill valve float. If the fill valve has dirt in it, it may also be a problem.
Pretty much any brand of fill valve will work with that tank. Korky and Fluidmaster are the most common.
You have the 746 series of the Drake.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score

Lindag

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch!
I found this video. Now it makes sense.
Toilet Valve that Keeps Running:

Lindag

Reaction score
Thanks Breplum. I didn't catch your suggestion until after I started looking at videos. If the problem is beyond cleaning, I'll definitely be buying that part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks