Toto CST776CSG#01 or CST776CEG#01? Any meaningful difference in flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

User786

Reaction score
Hi, I have narrowed it down to either of these two models with the help of this forum and @Terry
Thank you for the help and input.

I know I do not want a taller toilet but I also know I want an elongated bowl so that's I why I have narrowed it down to these two.

Now I just have to decide between the 1.6GPF and 1.28GPF

I do not get any water rebate in my city so that makes no difference to me.
I do not have a large family (only) two people so the difference in water savings between the 1.28 and 1.6 GPF is also not a major concern or deal breaker to me.
The price between the two is irrelevant almost identically the same $5+- so initial cost is no issue either

What I want to know is which out of the two will flush better and bowl will be cleaner after each flush?

Is there ANY other advantage of one over the other besides saving a few buck on water?
My logical science based mind tells me the 1.6GPF must technically have some sort of advantage over the two models if everything else about both bowls and tanks are identical just based on one having a bit more water flush through than the other...

What are your practical experiences of anything else I should consider where one might have a slight advantage over the other?

Mart

Reaction score
Hi, I have narrowed it down to either of these two models with the help of this forum and @Terry
Thank you for the help and input.

I know I do not want a taller toilet but I also know I want an elongated bowl so that's I why I have narrowed it down to these two.

Now I just have to decide between the 1.6GPF and 1.28GPF

I do not get any water rebate in my city so that makes no difference to me.
I do not have a large family (only) two people so the difference in water savings between the 1.28 and 1.6 GPF is also not a major concern or deal breaker to me.
The price between the two is irrelevant almost identically the same $5+- so initial cost is no issue either

What I want to know is which out of the two will flush better and bowl will be cleaner after each flush?

Is there ANY other advantage of one over the other besides saving a few buck on water?
My logical science based mind tells me the 1.6GPF must technically have some sort of advantage over the two models if everything else about both bowls and tanks are identical just based on one having a bit more water flush through than the other...

What are your practical experiences of anything else I should consider where one might have a slight advantage over the other?
I installed three of the 1.6GPF units a couple months ago and they are FANTASTIC. Excellent flushing power, very little brush work ever needed. The Cefiontect finish works very well, though ours also have equally terrific S500E bidets, with pre-mist to prevent sticking, which seems to do the trick for the most part.

User786

Reaction score
I installed three of the 1.6GPF units a couple months ago and they are FANTASTIC. Excellent flushing power, very little brush work ever needed. The Cefiontect finish works very well, though ours also have equally terrific S500E bidets, with pre-mist to prevent sticking, which seems to do the trick for the most part.
Hi Mart thank you for the reply!

Can you please confirm if the exact model you installed was this one?

CST776CSG#01​

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Same bowl, but two different tank options. Yes, more water cleans a bit better. You can also hold the handle down a moment and get that extra water with the E tank too.

E = 1.28
S = 1.60

Mart

Reaction score
And if you might ever want to install a Washlet+ bidet with concealed supply connection, the models are
C776CEFGT40 (bowl), ST776SA (tank and cover) and SS124 (soft-close seat).

User786

Reaction score
I ordered two of them in total.

They just arrived by AAA Cooper transportation and 4 boxes (2 tanks and 2 bowls) were all nicely shrink wrapped together on a pallet and were delivered in excellent condition as far as the outer boxes look to me. I just tried posting pics but the forum is not allowing me even though I compressed the pics and lowered the resolution very low and made the files small sizes... I'm not sure why

I have not opened the boxes yet to inspect for any possible internal damage or cracks etc but I will update this post to let you know how everything goes after I unpack the boxes and inspect everything in detail. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post pics on here

I am really looking forward to having these new toilets installed and functional! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks