Toto CST746 - Low water level in bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

ArloPear

Reaction score
I just installed a Toto CST746 Dual Flush toilet. I had installed a Toto Drake in my previous house and was really happy with it. I went for the dual flush this time and have noticed that the water level in the bowl is really low. I had moved the water fill line so it is now positioned to fill the white tube and I have increased the water level in the tank, but still only have 3-4" of water in the bowl. Shouldn't there be more water in the bowl to cover up Number 2's?

IMG_2999.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
With a pail of water slowly fill the bowl so it doesn't cause a flush and let it seek its own level. This will be the max height the bowl is designed for. I have 744 Toto and this does look to low.

ArloPear

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I just poured a bucket of water in - slowly and did not cause a flush - Water level is staying the same. 3/4" above the top of the exit hole in the bottom of the toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 746 bowls have very little water. There is nothing you can do about it.
The new 776 bowls are more like what you were used to. Not dual flush tanks, but they do work very nicely with 1.28 gallons.

ArloPear

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I guess it is just a bit jarring seeing how little water is in the bowl.

JerryR

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought one 14 months ago after thinking it’s an improved version of my many Drakes. WRONG! After reading reviews I still have it in my garage and will not install it. Lots of reviews stating horrible streaking with BMs due to small water spot. So I’ve got a $240 toilet that I’ll probably sell it at our next neighborhood sidewalk sale for less than 1/2 I paid for it.

ArloPear

Reaction score
That is my concern. I am going to replace it. If anyone in Kansas City wants a like new Toto, let me know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks