Toto CST703 refill valve replacement - no refill tube

Users who are viewing this thread

B.A.

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a 2004 Toto CST703. The toilet works fine and I don't want to replace it.

There appears to be a small leak coming from the water line into refill valve shank area.

The refill valve had been running constantly but very slowly. I took off the Coast IV refill valve cap and washer and flushed out the valve when the problem started (I think). I think the entire valve turned when I was attempting to put the cap back on again.

I'm going to try tighten the shank tonight.

If it's cracked, I will replace the valve. From reading the forum, Terry recommends the Korky 528MP as it's a 1.6 gallon flush.

My question is that the existing Coast IV does not have a refill tube. I read that the CST703 didn't need a refill tube as it's a wash down bowl.

If I replace the valve, don't all the replacements come with an active refill tube? If the toilet doesn't need it, would it be a waste of water to have it? Thoughts?

Reach4

Reaction score
If I replace the valve, don't all the replacements come with an active refill tube? If the toilet doesn't need it, would it be a waste of water to have it? Thoughts?
You could turn down the refill, and direct any refill water into the tank. The water will not be wasted.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that on the 528MP, you can turn the water all the way off. But since there's no refill tube, as the guys above said, you can just direct the tube into the tank. Problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks