TOTO CST454CUF

Users who are viewing this thread

Berry

Reaction score
Can anyone give me thoughts on the TOTO CST454CUF. How does it compare to the regular Drake II.
Is the 1G flush sufficient or can it result in issues

I see positive comments about the regular Drake II here but I guess I am worried if the 1G version really will work well. That seems a very low volume of water

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've sold many of the 1G TOTO Drakes II's. They work great.
The Drake II's both the 1G and the 1.28 are one of my favorites. With TOTO anything on the MaP testing that is 500 grams or more has been working very well for my customers and for me.

I can't say the same for some of the other brands. I just talked to a customer of mine that fell for the 1,000 gram rating on the one-piece Champion toilets by American Standard. I had sold him TOTO before and then he read Consumer Reports and decided to go with their pick instead of mine. After two years he called me up to remove the three American Standard Champion one-piece toilets and replace them with TOTO Ultramax II's. Really similar to the two piece Drake models. He loves the TOTO products.

I gave one of his old Champions to my neighbor across the street. My neighbor wonders why I always have these slightly used Champion toilets to give him. I remove more of them than I've ever sold. The Champion has such a high flush valve that it's very hard to adjust it to get a good flush on the one-piece. It has the 1,000 rating, but does not work as well as a TOTO with the 800 rating.

One of the toilets on the Map was a rating of 325 grams, the Ultimate, which granted was tested before they went to the slippery plastic wrapped paste. That rating had been with paste, which likes to stick. I installed eight of those in the church I go to and they have been fantastic. No more calls to plunge anymore like I had with the old 1980's American Standard Cadets. I would say that anything TOTO with 500 grams are more is very good. They are more "real world" and not tweaked just to pass MaP.

Berry

Reaction score
Thanks. I was worried with the 1.0G flush

I have an Original Drake on order - CST744SL - but Lowes estimate of when it would arrive has not been accurate and is now 3 weeks past due and they can't give me any estimated ETA (I don't have any good local options I can buy from)

But I just saw I can get the CST454CUF right now at roughly the same price as what I was spending for the Original Drake.

There is no issue with low water in the bowl on this one, correct?
Also, I did see this warning on their product specs - Ultra-low high efficiency toilets require a system with adequate supplemental flows from other water usage fixtures and a 4” ID drainline with minimum 2% slope and maximum linear runs of 60ft. Anything I should be worried about here?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks