Toto CST416 refill is not consistent flow

Users who are viewing this thread

kimski

Reaction score
It pauses several times as it's refilling (hisses) and it seems to send air in the line or change the pressure somehow as the sink faucet's cold water flow is affected right after flushing. This just started happening and I'm stumped. There is no obvious issue with the supply. Nothing has changed anywhere else in the house. My house is less than 30 years old and the toilet is only about 5. Any ideas?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia_inside_tank.jpg

Sometimes the fill valve needs cleaning.
Instructions are here.
https://terrylove.com/korky/
Turn off the water supply
Remove the black hose
Pop off the green cap
Remove the float by pressing the arms in
Rotate out the assembly can counter clockwise are remove
Either clean or replace the cap,
And then reverse this and reassemble.
You can also replace the fill valve but will need to remove the tank to do this.
If you remove the tank, the flush valve rotates out counter clockwise, and that gives you more space to remove the screws that hold the tank on.

aquia-install-06.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's probably the cap seal assembly. Those are about a third the cost of a new valve, and is the only real working part. Depending on your water chemistry and pressure, I've found that they seem to last about 5-years in my home. Home Depot sells them

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-Toilet-Fill-Valve-Replacement-Cap-R528CM/202666007

but I've not seen them at Lowes lately. Most any decent hardware or plumbing supply house will also carry them.

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kimski

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Actually it's neither of those. The black hose that supplies the water to the center chamber doesn't fit snugly so water was spraying partly right into the tank. Unfortunately I don't have enough room to angle it as shown in the Toto picture so the black hose (which is far from flexible) does not seat well. Maybe I can find a more flexible hose that can twist the way the I need it to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks