Toto country of origin difference

Users who are viewing this thread

JW77

Reaction score
I bought 2 CST776CEG this month online to replace my old toilets. One of the bowls that came was made in Mexico, the other one was made in Thailand.

They have the same part number (C776CEG#01). The one from Thailand has a fully glazed trapway. The inside is all shiny. The one from Mexico doesn't. It felt rough when I reached inside.

I installed them both and they both work very well. I don't know if the difference matters.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO makes their product now in many countries. Over the years, I've seen the shinny glazed trapways, and the rough trapways. It doesn't seem to make a performance difference.
One thing noticeable though, throw something wet against a smooth mirror and watch it stick to the glass, then try doing that to a textured wall, it falls off. Either way, they have been working well.
TOTO used to make all of their product here in the US for our market. They intended to be a small, high end showroom product. I ruined that for them, at least that's what the president of the company told me while having lunch near Green Lake in Seattle. I started talking them up, telling stories about how well they were working. Other companies were reading those reviews, and tweaked their products too. TOTO, to keep up with demand, then had to think about production other places, and were gradually losing their space in the high end bathroom boutique spectrum.
They were not real happy with my pushing of their products, bringing attention to what they were doing. Oh well, I wanted to sell trouble-free products and was glad to share what I thought were good ideas.
Enjoy your new Drake 2021's

cst776cefg-terrylove-06.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks