Toto Connelly - low water spot; is it adjustable?

Users who are viewing this thread

donb21

Reaction score
We installed our Toto-Connelly just over a year ago and noticed the water spot sat really low in the bowl. We also noticed that the level has dropped over time. The flush works well, but we have to clean it way more than expected. Is there a way to adjust the level up a little?

Attachments

• tn_IMG_2576.JPG
    tn_IMG_2576.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 344

Reach4

Reaction score
Gently pour a quart of water into the bowl. If the water is still higher than it is in the picture after few minutes, then you could do something about it -- perhaps replacing the fill valve.

Also, throw a level on the toilet. If the bowl is tilted back, that would make the water spot settle a little lower.

donb21

Reaction score
I tried adding a quart, but it didn't make much difference. After adding it, the level seemed to adjust to it's original level, then stayed where it was. By the way, the level seems to end up different from flush to flush.

Is it normal for the water spot level to be so low, or does it mean something is broken or mis-adjusted?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what I'm seeing in the picture. Can you perhaps take a better photo, one that is backed off a little and in focus?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toilet water spots are not adjustable. There is a trap inside the toilet that sets the level. Now if the toilet is not level, the spot would change slightly depending on the amount of out of level, but this would not be considered an "adjustment". I have no answer for why the spot seems to have changed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One of the side effects of any low-flow toilets is that the bowl cannot hold very much water. If it did, to empty it would then use more water, and that is restricted by federal guidelines. Gone are the days of really deep bowls and lots of water to wash things. The option of their optional (on many toilets) glaze that is super smooth can help as things don't stick well, and the limited water tends to wash things reasonably well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks