Toto Carusoe

Users who are viewing this thread

nealbell

Reaction score
Hello all! I was hoping to find someone who could help me with a question I have about the Toto Carusoe.

I currently have a two-bath condo that has Mansfield toilets that we have to double-flush everytime we use the bathroom. I am so tired of having to do this that I am going to replace the units with Toto toilets. Money is an issue so I was looking at the Carusoe, but am more concerned about whether this unit would have to be "double flushed" sometimes, too.

From what I can see, the Drake's biggest advantage (and reason for higher price) is that it's ability to clean the bowl after being used is much greater than the Carusoe due to an improved flushing mechanism. Is this correct, or am I going to have to be double flushing still with a Carusoe, wishing I would have spend twice as much on a Drake a few months later?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Caruso is better than average according to the map report - 650 was its score. The Drake rated 800. The lowest Mansfield was 275, but the rest of the Mansfield's that were rated were typically higher. So, without knowing the model number, it is hard to tell.

If that Toto has ther G-Max technology, you're probably okay. It has a higher rating than the Carlyle I have, and I"ve not had to plunge it since installed. If you haven't looked at the report I'm talking about, check it out http://www.cwwa.ca/pdf_files/MaP%206th%20Edition%20Feb%2010%202006.pdf

2Improve

Reaction score
We bought a Carusoe and love it. No flushing twice for us. It's quiet has a great flush and fits tight spaces well. Found a great deal on it too.

Kim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks