Toto Carusoe

Users who are viewing this thread

panolan

Reaction score
I am researching replacing an old toilet with a 1.6 gallon model. I had two toilets recommended to me. The American Standard Cadet 3 and the Toto Carusoe. It was said they were both good performers, and I could decide based on looks. I seem to find mixed reviews on the Cadet 3 and nothing on the Carusoe. I do read good things about the Toto Drake, but I presume it's more expensive than the other two? Any suggestions, or thoughts, of one vs the other? I don't want to spend a lot of money on a toilet, but I do want one that works!

Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry does not show this model in his Report on Low Flow Toilets, but I did a bit of "Goggling" and it appears that this is a very good toilet at a very low price. The biggest complaint about AS toilets seems to be flaws that get by quality control. Many plumber will not mess with them because it frequently requires repeated returns before getting on that is not flawed in some way or another. If an AS is free from factory defects, apparently it performs pretty well. Toto quality control seems to have the factory defect problems very well controlled and we never hear reports of a factory defect on any Toto from the most inexpensive model to the most expensive model. They all perform very well. The Drake is a very popular choice, but that should not be construed to conclude that other models are not excellent performers as well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In the lower price range, check out the Toto Dalton.
The Dalton uses the "siphon jet" flush, so it works more like the Drake.

The Carosoe is Toto's lower price range bowl, it uses a "wash down" flush.

The Cadet uses a siphon jet flush too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks