TOTO Carusoe fill valve replacement TSU30a

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank K

Reaction score
Hello! I have a Toto Carusoe with a 1.6gpf and the old fill valve of TSU30A. I have had issues with this valve in the past with a loud squeal, not shutting off, and now a noise in the wall. I believe from looking at other posts that it may be water hammer. I do not know my pressure in the system. Cleaning the fill valve rubber seal does no help, and if I flip it over the water does not shut off. Partially closing the shutoff valve does not allow the fill valve to shut off the water. I have another identical toilet that has a small noise at the end of the fill up, but not as loud. I am currently draining the whole house to attempt to remove any water hammer issues. I am currently looking at 2 of the Korky replacement valves, the 528GCM for 24.98 with a 5 year warranty and the Korky 2x long life 528XCM for 14.98 with a 10 year warranty. Do you have any insight into which is the better fill valve? I would think the cheaper one with a 10 year warranty would be the way to go but I just don’t know. Also, the installers used a rigid supply line to connect the water supply. Should I replace this with a flexible hose as well if I replace the fill valve? Thank you!!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I came out I'd change the supply line don't want a leak . a solid supply line is robust a good braided one is ok too . re using the old yea I've done it's just risky though not a good idea. I'd replace the valve with 15 dollar Korky .

Frank K

Reaction score
I checked the pressure in the house today as well. It is 80 psi in an outdoor spigot right by the supply and about 78 in the back opposite side outdoor spigot. There is no reducer that I can see installed, so no easy way to reduce the pressure. I did slightly close the shutoff to this toilet and it does stop the noise at the end of the fill.

Reach4

Reaction score
https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...ve/528mbm/p-1444437520208-c-1525700042005.htm is the classic Platinum.

I had been unaware of the valve you mentioned that uses the proprietary "Chlorazone II" rubber that is more chlorine resistant.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-2X-Long-Life-Toilet-Fill-Valve-528XCM/312095888
korky-toilet-fill-valve-parts-528xcm-c3_100.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks