Toto Caruso vs. Toto Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
I want to reduce water damage risk to lower living space and want to find a toilet less likely to overflow for upper floor bathrooms.

I priced the Toto Drake for $245 and the Toto Caruso for $140 at a local supply store.

Is the Caruso a distant or close second to the Drake?

Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Molo, the Caruso is basically a builder grade toilet and is not a popular choice. Terry doesn't even have it on the web site. In fact, in the 4 plus years I have been lurking on this forum, I can not recall ever seeing a discussion about the Caruso. I know it's $100 more, but the the Drake was originally intended for the commercial market so you know it is a dependable workhorse. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said, Penny wise but pound foolish"?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The trapway on the Caruso is smaller and has tighter bends.
The flush valve is 2" instead of the Drake 3"
It's a washdown bowl that splashes, the Drake is a siphon jet flush, which never splashes.

I don't even sell the Caruso. I sell plenty of the Drake model though, mine start at $199.99

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks