Toto carrier inlet pipe crooked?

Users who are viewing this thread

jmc55

Reaction score
Hi guys, great site!

I was wondering if anyone could advise on this issue? The inlet pipe on this Toto carrier is not plumb flat.
Toto said the seal is made by the O-ring and it shouldn't really matter if the pipe is crooked.

Considering this carrier is going into the wall and behind tile etc, it seems a bit risky to take their word in case of leaks down the road. Would you go ahead and install this unit?

If you take a look at the pictures the angle is not extreme but its definitely not flat. It would seem like the O-ring should seal. Getting a replacement would cause delays. What do you guys think?

IMG_20180831_100342-.jpg IMG_20180831_100407-.jpg IMG_20180831_100416-.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO has seen the pictures? They are probably right then.

The bracket in this video looks different than what you have.

Last edited:

jmc55

Reaction score
Their customer service email has seen the pictures. Maybe I should double check with their technical support email.

I was hoping to get opinions from experience. If this was a job you were responsible for would you install this unit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks