Toto Carlyse

Users who are viewing this thread

martian1

Reaction score
Got a new one about two years ago, looks great but about a year ago noticed that the beige tile around the base was discolored (bluish), apparently from leakage (I had popped one of those blue-dye sanitary pucks into the tank, so that was tell-tale). My apartment super insists there is no leak, but I think he's wrong. Anyway, I need to replace the tile and don't want a reoccurrence. Is the problem with the wax ring? Could it be an installation problem? (I have a 10" rough-in and contracter installed using the adjustable Toto rough-in to make it fit). A defect with the toilet? Or something else?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, STOP USING THAT STUFF IN THE TOILET, it can ruin the plastic and rubber parts quickly.

It is possible that the adapter was not anchored properly or that the rubber seal between the toilet and the Uni-fit adapter wasn't seated properly. Best thing to do is remove the toilet and see what's going on. Look at the floor carefully to make sure it has not been going on for long, if it is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks