TOTO Carlyle - flushometer replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

NYChomebuyer

Reaction score
MS874114SG_zoom.jpg

Does anyone know if a TOTO Carlyle is a viable alternative to an already installed flushometer toilet? given the proper fittings have been installed. thanks.

Performance is very good on the Carlyle
Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dc_homeplumber

Given the reworking of the plumbing for the water supply that you will encounter switching to a "conventional" tank-type toilet, your options as to which brand/model you switch to are pretty much wide open provided the rough-in for the drain is the same. Rough-in is the distance from the center of the drain to the finished wall. If measuring with the toilet in place, measure from the bolts that hold the toilet bowl to the floor back to the finished wall. The most common rough-in is 12 inches, although there are also 10 and 14 inch installations. Many manufacturers offer their standard models in all three sizes. Toto has several models which can be adapted to variable-sized rough-ins with an appropriately sized Unifit adaptor and Niagara's Flapperless model has flexibility in the tank installation to allow for 10- or 12-inch rough-in.

Considering that the correct plumbing is already in place, I personally would stay with the Flush-o-meter. They appear to be less prone to clogging due to the increased water pressure in the flush. In this case, I would be willing to allow functionality to override my fashion sense in terms of how it looks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If it's style your after, look at this "hatbox" toilet from Kohler. Nobody even would know it is a toilet!

k3-075-crop.jpg

This will set you back about 3 large.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks