Toto Aquia Toilet and Washlet/Bidet issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope you all are well. I know this topic was brought up years ago but curious if anyone has thought of any solutions. For background, I have the 2 piece Toto toilet and can’t access the tank to remove the line and install the Washlet T adapter. I would prefer not to remove the tank and put back etc. any ideas? I was thinking of perhaps getting an adapter that would convert 3/8 to 7/8? My idea is to take the line that is currently coming from the tank to the water supply ( I have full access to the water supply) and connect it to a 7/8 converter of some kind? Then plug the T valve to that 7/8 converter and finish the setup? Is this crazy? Your thoughts are greatly welcome. I really want to install this Washlet ASAP and prefer not to take off the tank for obvious reasons. Thank you!

Fitter30

Reaction score
Valve coming out of the wall is 3/8" compression feeding the toilet . Get a piece of 3/8" tubing does chrome , 3/8" compression tee and 3 /8 " compression x 1/2" pipe thread adaptor. Take hose off washlet to check thread to adaptor and check thread of toilet water feed hose to 3/8" compression tee ( they will have hoses at the store) also will need a compression nut and ferrel.
Tubing from wall valve, to tee, toilet to tee, short piece of tubing to adaptor to washlet hose

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Valve coming out of the wall is 3/8" compression feeding the toilet . Get a piece of 3/8" tubing does chrome , 3/8" compression tee and 3 /8 " compression x 1/2" pipe thread adaptor. Take hose off washlet to check thread to adaptor and check thread of toilet water feed hose to 3/8" compression tee ( they will have hoses at the store) also will need a compression nut and ferrel.
Tubing from wall valve, to tee, toilet to tee, short piece of tubing to adaptor to washlet hose
Thanks. Lord this was complicated to understand for me. I’m trying to figure out the simplest solution to try and get this Washlet installed with no access to the tank

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I use a TOTO THU9090R adapter.

thu9090r-04.jpg

thu9090r-01.jpg

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Yes. I bought this! But how do I get it on the tank if I cannot access the tank??
That’s why I was hoping there could be an interesting work around to use the existing line that is coming from my tank that I can disconnect from the water supply and use. Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
b200_s3.jpg

The supply from the washlet fits to the side of this. It's not a normal thread and the seal with with an O-Ring inside the fitting.

Lmoney783

Reaction score
b200_s3.jpg

The supply from the washlet fits to the side of this. It's not a normal thread and the seal with with an O-Ring inside the fitting.
Thank you. What is that? What are the dimensions? 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/2? If that is the case this may work! Because I would connect direct to my water line? The other 3/8 to the line connecting to my tank and the last 1/2 inch side to the Toto? Is it difficult to get the O ring in right ? Has this been tested and confirmed for Toto?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
aquia_inside_tank.jpg

After disconnecting the fill tube to the flush valve, you can rotate counter clockwise to remove it. That allows more room to get your hand in there with a flat blade screwdriver to remove the retaining screws that hold the tank on.

aquia-install-06.jpg

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hopeful to do all this without removing the tank because I am not great at this. Anyway to use a T adapter without removing the tank? That was my question.

cysin

Reaction score
Hey Lmoney783, I think I am in a very similar situation as you. I am trying to install a Toto K300 bidet on a Toto toilet (ST 416M) that has a recessed valve. I also have a 3/8" supply shutoff valve.

My tank looks almost exactly like the one in Terry's picture and I am definitely a novice, but was able to remove it fairly easily with Terry's instructions above. Specifically, I did the following:
  1. Turned off water shutoff valve at wall.
  2. Flushed toilet to remove water.
  3. Disconnected toilet supply hose from water shutoff valve (placed a bowl beneath to catch dripping water).
  4. Removed the lid of the toilet tank.
  5. Disconnected the black hose from the white cylinder flush valve in the middle (there was a metal clip to disengage).
  6. Completely remove any water in the tank at this point.
  7. Turn white cylinder flush valve in the middle counter-clockwise and pull up to remove.
  8. Remove the two gold retaining screws with a flathead screwdriver.
  9. Carefully lift the tank up to remove.
aquia-tank-connect.jpg

The tank had the 7/8" to 3/8" hose pictured above connected to it.

I'm planning to replace that hose with the THU9090R 7/8" to 7/8" extension like Terry suggested (there are a few different brands like this one on Amazon).

On the other end of the Toto T-valve, I can reuse the 7/8" to 3/8" adapter pictured above (or available online) to connect the Toto T-valve to the shutoff valve.

Overall, it would look like this:

aquia-tank-connect-02.jpg

thu6234-terrylove-1.jpg

thu9090r-01.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.37.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 6.37.27 PM.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by a moderator:

Lmoney783

Reaction score
Hey Lmoney783, I think I am in a very similar situation as you. I am trying to install a Toto K300 bidet on a Toto toilet (ST 416M) that has a recessed valve. I also have a 3/8" supply shutoff valve.

My tank looks almost exactly like the one in Terry's picture and I am definitely a novice, but was able to remove it fairly easily with Terry's instructions above. Specifically, I did the following:
  1. Turned off water shutoff valve at wall.
  2. Flushed toilet to remove water.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am realistically terrified to do this by myself but I may do it because you made it seem pretty straight forward. I called Toto today to just get their opinion and they gave me an interesting idea actually. They mentioned that I could just unscrew the 2 screws at the bowl level and gently move the bowl, still connected to the tank away from the wall by about 9 inches and then connect the extension hose and move it back. Which do you think is easier? Tank removal or this option b?

cysin

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply. I am realistically terrified to do this by myself but I may do it because you made it seem pretty straight forward. I called Toto today to just get their opinion and they gave me an interesting idea actually. They mentioned that I could just unscrew the 2 screws at the bowl level and gently move the bowl, still connected to the tank away from the wall by about 9 inches and then connect the extension hose and move it back. Which do you think is easier? Tank removal or this option b?

You could try their suggestion. Moving the tank to the side vs. removing seems like a similar amount of effort to me. Just make sure to empty the water inside and keep the tank balanced when moving it. Since the hose on mine goes through a hole, I needed to lift the tank up regardless.

IMG_5770.jpg IMG_5772.jpg

Lmoney783

Reaction score
You could try their suggestion. Moving the tank to the side vs. removing seems like a similar amount of effort to me. Just make sure to empty the water inside and keep the tank balanced when moving it. Since the hose on mine goes through a hole, I needed to lift the tank up regardless.

View attachment 61496 View attachment 61497
Thank you. I think your right that your detailed instructions on tank removal looked pretty straight forward so I will give that a try! Toto recommences j change the gasket. Is that necessary?

cysin

Reaction score
Thank you. I think your right that your detailed instructions on tank removal looked pretty straight forward so I will give that a try! Toto recommences j change the gasket. Is that necessary?

That seems like more of a general maintenance type of thing (I’m not a professional).

Without actually seeing yours, I don’t see why you’d need to if you’re just changing the supply hose from one to another and aren’t currently experiencing any leaks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

New gaskets are a good idea. Sometimes you can pull and reset and it's fine, sometimes not fine.

Lmoney783

Reaction score
New gaskets are a good idea. Sometimes you can pull and reset and it's fine, sometimes not fine.
Thank you both. Could you now share the process of putting the tank back on and putting on the new gasket please?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have pulled and replaced tanks using the same gasket before and most of the time that's fine.
Picking up a new gasket makes it less of a gamble. There is the large one at the flush valve, and if you can pick up some rubber washers where then tank screws are even better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks