Toto Aquia installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Tmylett

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
I am installing my first Aquia tomorrow. I already have a tight set back (shy of 11 3/4") .

But my main question is the existing toilet flange is not fllush with the new tile floor. It is about 3/4" below the finished floor. I know some peolple have used 2 wax rings, one stacked on the other.... but I have never tried this. What about a plastic spacer extention flange to help compensate. What type of wax ring do you all recommend? What combination of wax rings whould I use if I go the stacked route?

Also I am installing this Aquia over some newly installed Terra Cotta Pavers ... not the most level tile no matter how good the tiler is. Do we shim the toto toilets that use the unifit system or what?
Thanks

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's way too low for a comfortable installation. Any possibility of raising the flange? Do you have access from below?

If you can't raise it, consider some extender flange rings. A proper installation is on TOP of the finished floor, so you have a lot of ways to go. It'll take a few rings and some long screws to hold it together along with some silicon caulk. As to the space required, Terry's discussed it before. I think it requires 11.25", but a quick search should tell you as should a look at the spec sheet drawing.

Tmylett

Reaction score
jadnashua
"That's way too low for a comfortable installation. Any possibility of raising the flange? Do you have access from below?"

Thanks for the reply ... as far as acess below ... no luck it is concrete slab on grade. And yes I have seen Terry's response to the setback issue. Still trying to weigh out the options. I have both extra wax rings and extenders available.

thanks again

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Weigh no more install the extenders!

They should end up about 1/4" above the finished floor!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks