Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Good Housekeeping Institute​
For a quieter option, pick the gravity-fed, dual-flush Toto Aquia ($417.50). It has an extra-low 0.9-GPF small flush for liquid waste, and its 1.6-gallon full flush was tops in the Good Housekeeping Research Institute's clog tests.
(It's one we like to sell too, very dependable in use, of the 225 that we have sold, we haven't had to do any repairs) Terry)​
Gerber Ultra Dual-Flush ($367) took the top spot, with two pressure-assited flush strengths. You push down for a smaller flush (1.1 GPF) or pull up for a larger one (1.6 GPF) if desired. But since the smaller one performed just as well as the large on all clog tests, Good Housekeeping recommends using the low exclusively, for even greater water savings. Pressure assistance uses a mechanism in the tank to propel water downward. It's usually most effective, but it can be noisier.
(We liked the Gerber Dual Flush too, until we started replacing tanks. We've had 42% of the WDI dual flush tanks for the Gerber fail in the first year. Terry)
The panel of experts rated the Kohler's Highline Comfort Height ($517) tops for appearance.
Pictures below.

The magazine also recommends the quieter, gravity-fed Toto 1.28-GPF Eco Drake ($318)

The story and the video

Toilet paper poll

The Gerber with EcoFlush DF-21-318

Attachments

• k-3427-toilet.jpg
    k-3427-toilet.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 4,679
  • Ultra%20Dual%20Flush.jpg
    Ultra%20Dual%20Flush.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,304
  • aquia_dual_flush.jpg
    aquia_dual_flush.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 3,358
Last edited:

nnotsoo

Reaction score
New Aquia's to be released soon , I and II

and what about the Toto Eco Gwyneth in CEFIONTECT??
Rating?
Customer had returned a MS974224CFG - Guinevereâ„¢ Toilet - CEFIONTECT, claimed to be too noisy. Must have been the water going through the "unifit". So Toto suggested to pack the skirted chamber with foam. Toto also said they are going to stop making the Unifit models and replace them with flow through china trapways.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Customer had returned a MS974224CFG - Guinevere™ Toilet - CEFIONTECT, claimed to be too noisy.

And yet I've sold dozens of the Soiree and the Guinevere toilets, most of the customers started with one or two, and then ordered more. One customer in Medina wound of with five Guineveres.
I've had very good comments from the owners.
You will always have customers that think water should move very quietly when flushed though.
Kohler used to make a "very" quiet one about 30 years ago, it took 9.5 gallons to flush and required a 1/2" supply tube, not the 3/8" we now use.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I have 3 Soiree's in my home and not sure where the noise problem would be, it flushes in about two seconds and refills in about 5 seconds and no noise.
I have had complaints and have heard it myself, when you are adding liquids or solids to the bowl you can hear it dripping into the Uni-fit. As soon as you flush and it refills the noise stops.

I have not heard about Toto stopping the Uni-fit rough-ins as a regular china trapway would limit the toilets to 12" rough-in's unless they produce 10's & 14" rough in toilets as well but i doubt they would do that.

I haven't sold any Gwyneth's yet but i think they will be a big seller as they have everything you would want in a low flush toilet. Toto is also releasing the Gwyneth in two piece as well.

ms974_01.jpg

TOTO Guinevere

Last edited by a moderator:

lisabee

Reaction score
difference between aquia I & II?

Good Housekeeping Institute​

For a quieter option, pick the gravity-fed, dual-flush Toto Aquia ($395). It has an extra-low 0.9-GPF small flush for liquid waste, and its 1.6-gallon full flush was tops in the Good Housekeeping Research Institute's clog tests.
(It's one we like to sell too, very dependable in use, of the 115 that we have sold, we haven't had to do any repairs) Terry)
terry,
i cannot tell you how grateful i am for your site and your advice! i have consulted it many times as we've planned this remodel.

we're currently building basically from scratch a gutted bathroom. we wanted a watersense-compliant toilet that looks good, preferably dual flush, and not one of the taller-than-usual models. we narrowed it down and gave preference to ones we could find locally here in pittsburgh, because we'd ordered TWO caroma caravelles online and neither reached us (ups, damaged in transit, yadda yadda). we eliminated the kohler because we heard a lot of stories about leaking and difficulty in getting parts (!). so that left us with the aquia I and II. but i can't figure out what the difference is. would you mind illuminating this for us?

thank you again so much!
lisa

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia I and the Aquia II will be very similar.
I haven't installed a II at this point.
Tank parts will be the same, the flange adapter is a little different on the II.

Update November 17th 2008
We have installed quite a few of the II and III Aquia bowls.
The II and the III use the same flange adapter, and the two blocks at the back, mounted to the floor to secure the bowl. MaP ratings on them are good at 500 grams, and use a trapway of 2-1/8"
Of the 170 Toto Aquia toilets that we have sold, returns have been less than 1%

Last edited:

lisabee

Reaction score
thanks!

The Aquia I and the Aquia II will be very similar.
I haven't installed a II at this point.
Tank parts will be the same, the flange adapter is a little different on the II.

thank you so much! now i just have to find a way to get one. the closest dealer (by a lot) is a to-the-trade-only place. hate that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks