Toto Aquia - flush button flushed down toilet :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Patrice607

Reaction score
We recently had a houseguest who pressed the flush button with sticky fingers. The button stuck to her finger and dropped into the flushing toilet. It is the left (smaller button) with the plastic tube attached. Should we auger? plunge? call a plumber?

A few days ago, we pulled a dead duck out of our tree. This is a week of bizarre problems!

Thanks for your help!

Reach4

Reaction score
Without a symptom, I would presume it passed through your sewer lines.

I suggest you call Toto. They may send you the button free, since it probably should not have come loose like that. I am not a plumber.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let's see. Your houseguest landed her broom out front and knocked the cleanout plug off your sewer line in the front yard. You welcomed her into your home and she immediately made a run for the powder room after two hours of broom riding she needed some relief. She flushed her witchly deposit and it spewed forth from the broken cleanout aperature into the tree where it killed an innocent, unsuspecting duck who was roosting in your tree for the night.

Poor duck. Could have been a Merganser. Who knows?

Last edited:

Patrice607

Reaction score

I suggest you call Toto. They may send you the button free, since it probably should not have come loose like that. I am not a plumber.

I did call Toto. The rep suggested I either pull the toilet and snake it or have a plumber camera the line out to the street. I asked if they would send me a free button since it shouldn't have done that and he told me that it had been redesigned but I would have to pay about $30.00 for the new one. I don't know if there are any symptoms as I haven't had the courage to flush it yet.

Patrice607

Reaction score
Let's see. Your houseguest landed her broom out front and knocked the cleanout plug off your sewer line in the front yard. You welcomed her into your home and she immediately made a run for the powder room after two hours of broom riding she needed some relief. She flushed her witchly deposit and it spewed forth from the broken cleanout aperature into the tree where it killed an innocent, unsuspecting duck who was roosting in your tree for the night.

Poor duck. Could have been a Merganser. Who knows?

LOL! Thanks, I needed a little levity. :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
That's not very Toto-ish. I would call them back, and hopefully end up with a new rep. Tell them that you were horrified that the thing came off so easily, and that you like the toilet a lot and had considered getting more for the other restrooms, but you are really sad about what happened with the button and feel like by making you pay to replace what is obviously a defective button, they're not standing behind their product. You would like to feel like they're your partners, and you had the impression that they stood behind their product. Don't be angry, be sad, and be nice. You're torn now because you really felt good about Toto, but the $30 is disheartening. See if a pitch like that doesn't get you a new button and maybe you pay for the shipping. They're usually amazingly-nice in customer service there.

Patrice607

Reaction score
That's not very Toto-ish. I would call them back, and hopefully end up with a new rep. Tell them that you were horrified that the thing came off so easily, and that you like the toilet a lot and had considered getting more for the other restrooms, but you are really sad about what happened with the button and feel like by making you pay to replace what is obviously a defective button, they're not standing behind their product. You would like to feel like they're your partners, and you had the impression that they stood behind their product. Don't be angry, be sad, and be nice. You're torn now because you really felt good about Toto, but the $30 is disheartening. See if a pitch like that doesn't get you a new button and maybe you pay for the shipping. They're usually amazingly-nice in customer service there.

Good suggestions. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks