Toto Aquia CST414M leak

Users who are viewing this thread

hotmetalguy

Reaction score
Our Toto CST414M started leaking through the ceiling of the room below. It was installed about 9 years ago. We can't tell how long it had been leaking, but not much of the ceiling seems to be affected. We pulled the toilet and discovered that the wax ring had not been properly compressed by the original installer, so it should have been leaking from the start, all over, but that was not the case. Installed new wax ring and wax ring extender, reassembled everything, and when flushed water just poured out of the ceiling below. This water now seems to be coming from the rough in connection, however. Is there some trick to assembling this particular toilet that I am missing? We can't find any information on this right angle rough in any place on the web. I have installed quite a few toilets in the past, but this one has me stumped.

aquia_install_fig_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I heard they had problems with the Toto CST414M so they discontinued making it

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

hotmetalguy

Reaction score
I think my leak (it was a lot of water) was between the rough in and the bowl. Does that make any sense?

hotmetalguy

Reaction score
I think my leak (it was a lot of water) was between the rough in and the bowl. Does that make any sense?

Also, I followed the advice on the Jamie Love's Complete Toto Aquia installation instructions for this model: " I like to use some liquid soap on the rubber to help the bowl "slide" in." But when I called Toto to try and figure out what was going wrong, they said do not use the soap.

pike

Reaction score
@hotmetalguy curious how you were able to get this resolved. I just purchased a new place and am having this exact problem. It was a small leak and when my plumber tried to reset it, it turned into a larger leak. He was a bit stumped and has been searching out more information. We've got that same Aquia I rough-in with the 90 degree bend, and I also suspect my leak is between the rough-in and the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks