Toto Aimes/Legato v Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

Eve

Reaction score
I have read endless reviews on these two toilets and I still can't figure out which one to buy. I like the higher height of the Aquia but the Aimes/Legato seems to have a better flush? (Dual max v double cyclone) Having lived in Australia and endured those horrible Caroma toiets where you always have to scrub, I want to make sure I get one that flushes everything down on the side of the bowl the first time. Both toilets seem to have good and bad reviews regarding that. Can anyone help with the pros/cons? I want a fully skirted toilet, like the higher height but would take either, prefer the one piece, but the flush is the first priority. I know Terry has vouched for the Aquia and the Aimes/Legato didn't make the list, but I don't know if that's because they were new models or just not as good. Thanks in advance!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
legato_01.jpg

TOTO Legato

The Aimes and Legato are new bowls. Both the taller height at 16-1/8" to top of bowl. The Legato I installed for a customer looked and worked very well.
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....g-one-piece-toilet-review-and-pictures.56203/

Both the Aimes and the Legato have the double cyclone rinse with CEFIONTECT. You would be go to go with these. I like them better than the Aquia.

Eve

Reaction score
It is a really pretty toilet. Do you think it's flushing mechanism is as good as the Aquia? Water footprint? Do you like it as well?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It combines what I like about the Ultramax II and the Aquia. I like this one! :)
The bowl stays cleaner than the Aquia, and it's got a nice skirted look about it.

blackcomb_aimes.jpg

TOTO Aimes

Last edited:

Eve

Reaction score
It combines what I like about the Ultramax II and the Aquia. I like this one! :)
The bowl stays cleaner than the Aquia, and it's got a nice skirted look about it.
Thank you so much!

Nids

Reaction score
Thanks!

I am also looking for 3 toilets for a new construction and am completely overwhelmed by the options. Here are some of the options I am considering and would love some opinions.

I am looking for:
- Skirted
- Flushes well
- Big elongated seat
- Comfort height
- 12" rough
- 1.6/1.0 gpf if dual flush (preferable) else 1.28gpf

Options:
1. Toto (seems popular) Vs Duravit (looks beautiful)
2. If Toto then which model Legato or Aquia
3. If Duravit then which Washlet Duravit Sensowash or Brondell Swash 1000

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks