Toto "330" Valve Fills Bowl, not Tank and Runs

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a promenade e-max I installed maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Recently we noticed it has been running occasionally, but frequently enough to be a problem. I went to check it out, and assumed the flush tower(ie the fancy replacement for the flapper assembly) was to blame. However upon inspection it appears to work just fine. I was lucky enough to catch the toilet in the act(of running) and observed the tower was actually closed, but the fill valve was filling the bowl through the little black hose, but not the tank. So to be clear, water in the tank was not draining into the bowl, but also no water is filling the tank. Nevertheless the bowl filling mechanism continues to run and does not stop because the tank is never full.

So I've considered the following solutions:

1. Inspect the toto "330" fill valve for clogs and try to fix.
2. Replace the fill valve with a Korky or similar.
3. Replace with an OEM toto valve.

I'm going to pull the valve and attempt to fix it, but I wanted to post here in case anyone has seen this before, or has an opinion on whether to replace it, and with what replacement.

Thanks!

DIYoB

Picture added by Terry

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! I went ahead and installed the 528MP, the toto 330 went in the trash. Now I noticed the little black valve on the 528MP that controls the portion of water directed to the bowl is leaking. It's not really an immediate problem because it leaks into the tank, but I could imagine it causing irregular bowl fills. Is this typical, or should I try to repair it?

Thanks!

DIY

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry! I went ahead and installed the 528MP, the toto 330 went in the trash. Now I noticed the little black valve on the 528MP that controls the portion of water directed to the bowl is leaking. It's not really an immediate problem because it leaks into the tank, but I could imagine it causing irregular bowl fills. Is this typical, or should I try to repair it?

Thanks!

DIY
They pretty much all drip back into the tank like that while they are filling the tank. No worries. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks