Tota Aquia III can't stop leak

Users who are viewing this thread

kskasprzak

Reaction score
I've had 3 plumbers here over the last 6 weeks, and I still can't use my Aquia III. None of these guys have ever installed this toilet before. First guy apparently cross threaded the flush valve assembly, and damaged the gasket as well. The last guy got these parts replaced, but couldn't stop the leak as soon as the water supply is turned on. I think he "glued" the gasket to the assembly. Told me to wait 36 hours to turn on the water. It STILL leaks immediately and enough to soak the floor in a minute.
I called TOTO, and they said maybe he's hooking up the water supply and the fill valve in the wrong order...prior to the tank to bowl connection.
Anyone know what could be happeneing here?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The fill valve on the Aquia is like a standard Korky.
The water supply is a standard supply that you would pick up at a hardware store.

So...Like whats the issue?

With any tank, if you are having a leak, it's good to check the china to plastic connections.

Tanks are made of clay with holes punched in them, check for any problem, be it a dimple that can be sanded, or a crack, whatever the eye and see or the finger can feel.

The parts need to be assembled in the right order.
And then everything snugged down.

Last week Jamie went out to fix a "Leak"
He wiped off the goo that the homeowner used, set the tank back down and evenly threaded the two mounting screws, like you would on a cylinder head, and it was fine. You have to "SLOW" down when mounting the tank. Slow down.

Last edited:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Hmm, 3 different guys couldn't install this unit properly? That's strange...

"Told me to wait 36 hours to turn on the water" That's absurd...

Hire someone reputable who has actually installed TOTOs before. It's not like installing TOTOs are that much more difficult than a standard installation, but obviously in your neck of the woods it is...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Well....the first order of business it to determine where the leak is coming from...then fix it...

This is not rocket science...but you do need to know how to work on toilets...

But if someone has used something on your toilet...like glue...that is not supposed to be used...then he may have caused additional problems for you and voided any warrenty...I would call that guy back and have him remove the damage (glue) that he did to your toilet...

IF you paid him to fix the leak and he didn't then he needs to come back remove the glue and give you your $$$ back...Glue?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks