Tool Tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
When trying to cut through plastic pipe PVC, CPVC, etc. with ratchet cutters, sometimes the pipe is hard to cut through and may be a little brittle, therefore, causing it to crack.

So, just as the blade starts to bite into the pipe, I take a little primer/cleaner and touch the top of the blade with the dauber so that it runs down over the blade and flows onto the pipe (you only need a little bit of primer). This instantly softens the pipe just enough to make the blade cut through the pipe like a hot knife through butter!

This is especially helpful when you are using one-handed 2-inch PVC cutters on 1-1/4-inch through 2-inch pipe or when you are working with old and brittle CPVC pipe. This trick makes cutting through all plastic pipe (old or new) so much easier that you will never want to cut through plastic pipe without the use of cleaner again, And best of all, no more worrying about the brittle pipe cracking!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Great tip, I've had PVC irrigation pipe break while cutting because it also gets brittle underground especially when 160 PSI pipe (a thin wall pvc pipe) was installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks