Tool for removing lav faucet nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes a lav faucet has very hard to remove finger tight nuts on them. They've been on there so long that the strength in your fingers may not be enough to thread them off the shafts. Here is a little tool you can make using some 1.5" ABS pipe and a saw.

faucet-tool-abs.jpg

Four notches to fit over the tabs and off they come. :)
Or you can also buy a tool like that too, but sometimes you just don't have one on the truck that day.

faucet-nut-tool-terrylove-01.jpg

faucet-nut-tool-terrylove-02.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Never thought of that, ive always used a crescent wrench

I was having a horrible time with my crescent wrench, my basin wrench was buried in cardboard from installing so many toilets and then a light bulb went off in my head. :)
And then I forgot to take a picture of the faucet. It was so bad that the handles didn't even turn anymore.

I just got back from dumping toilets and recycling cardboard.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was having a horrible time with my crescent wrench, my basin wrench was buried in cardboard from installing so many toilets and then a light bulb went off in my head. :)
And then I forgot to take a picture of the faucet. It was so bad that the handles didn't even turn anymore.

I just got back from dumping toilets and recycling cardboard.
I never use a basin wrench, always had better luck with 2 cresents

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks