too much water pressure??

Users who are viewing this thread

paulashelton

Reaction score
Recently I started having a problem whenever water is turned off anywhere in the house, one of the toilets runs momentarily as if releasing pressure. It doesn't matter if it is a faucet, shower or washing machine or another toilet. If water is turned on again immediately and shut off this does not occur. But if you wait approximately 60 seconds and turn water on and off, this toilet runs. Any ideas?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Most likely the fill valve in that toilet just needs to be repaired or replaced. But a $10 pressure gauge will confirm whether your pressure is in the normal ~50 to `75 PSI range, and whether you are seeing a spike for some reason .

paulashelton

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The cap on the fill valve on our one piece toilet was leaking allowing water to leak between the cap and the gasket. Tightened three screws and problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks