Too Much Pressure in Water Heater?

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
sorry no entry here. Trying an Apple Pencil for the first time.

Last edited:

Disney1984

Reaction score
I changed out the expansion tank about 3 weeks ago and everything is working perfectly now. The T & P valve is no longer releasing water and the internal water heater pressure doesn't go much higher than the incoming water pressure. The old expansion tank was completely full of water. I'm not a professional plumber and couldn't have done it without everyone's assistance! Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2029_50.jpg
    IMG_2029_50.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 103

Thekid1

Reaction score
I changed out the expansion tank about 3 weeks ago and everything is working perfectly now. The T & P valve is no longer releasing water and the internal water heater pressure doesn't go much higher than the incoming water pressure. The old expansion tank was completely full of water. I'm not a professional plumber and couldn't have done it without everyone's assistance! Thank you so much for your help!
Sounds good. I came too late, but I had the exact same problem as you and it was the expansion tank and I was going to recommend pumping air into it to match your street pressure like you did. I also find that a good way to check the expansion tank is to flick it with your fingernail and listen to the sound on both sides of the diaphragm. One side should sound solid(filled with water), and the other side should sound hollow.......if in good working order.

One other thing I would do is install a ball valve on the line that feeds the expansion tank so that you can simply shut it off and throw a new one in without touching anything else. I'm sure some people wouldn't like that idea here, but for your own house, why not? I do the same on my boiler expansion tank and also I do it on the air scoop vent with a ¼" valve.

........now if I could only get a recommendation on my thread lol.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks