Toilets with Clearance for baseboard heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Arline

Reaction score
Please, I hope someone can help me. I am a senior gal with some handyman (woman) experience. In the past, I have replaced two toilets on my own. I have now decided that I would like a new lo-flo, REASONABLY priced, Comfort Height toilet. I bought one and when I went to install it, realized that it was configured differently than my older toilets were. The base was much larger. I have a 12" rough, but running along the wall in back of the toilet is the only heat in my very small bathroom. It is a forced hot water baseboard that measures 10" tall X 2-1/4 " deep on the existing wall. I returned my toilet back to the showroom and was told they had no model available that would clear this baseboard, other than the Soiree (too expensive for me). Can this be possible? When purchasing toilets in the past, the baseboard was never a consideration. Before, I just went to the store, bought a toilet and dropped it in. Now I am told, this is no longer possible, in a comfort height model.

Does anyone know of a good working toilet that will solve my problem? Also, what is the exact measurement for ADA compliance? I have looked at higher toilets ranging from 15" to 17-1/2 " I did find the 17-1/2" to be the most comfortable. This was a St. Thomas but I could find no reviews on it.

Any info you could provide would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Arline

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Toto has two heights for comfort.
16 1/8" which is any toilet ending with "F" ie: C734F Dalton or
16 1/2" which is any toilet ending with "L" ie: C744SL Drake (also referred to as ADA). Also add the hieght of the toilet seat.
Toto's specs do not say anything about the space behind the toilet.
I can check the toilets in my showroom on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday in Canada) to see if any comfort height will fit.
If any one else can do it quicker for you that would be good.

dalton_behind_bowl.jpg

Toto Dalton with room behind the bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arline

Reaction score
Thank you. I was in a Toto showroom and none of theirs would fit. However, they did not have all the models there. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Toto is my first choice.

Arline

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Ok i checked my showroom and found three that has that clearance.

1- Promenade C724 (Elongated) or C723 (Regular Rim) this is an older style looking toilet but it's not available in "Comfort Height".
2- Carusoe C716 (Elongated) or C715 (Regular Rim) this is a standard looking toilet, looks like a Drake but without the G-Max flush. Also not available in "Comfort Height".
3- Reliance C704L (Elongated) or C703 (Regular Rim) this is classed under thier commercial line, but flushes same as Carusoue. The C704L is and only comes as ADA and the C703 is only availble in regular height.

Now you can use the C704L (Reliance) bowl and the ST706 (Carusoe) tank together and the ST706 tank is also avaiable with a liner ST706D.

Hope that helps

Arline

Reaction score
Hi again,

Thank you for all of your imput. I didn't even know that ToTo had a commercial line. I would have prefered the G-Max system, but will keep your recommendations in mind as I search a little longer. Thank you again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks