toilets and sinks my gurlging sound

Users who are viewing this thread

kaz69

Reaction score
My kitchen sink will gurlge and my bathroom toilet that I have in a building behind my house will gurlge also. Im on a septic tank. I have no problems with backup in any sinks, tubs or toilets. Just wondering what causes the gurlgling sound. Thanks for the help.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
gurgle

Is the kitchen and the building behind, up stream or downstream of the septic tank?

Gurgles like that mean you have a problem with the main drain or the septic system.

Open the lid on the septic tank and flush and run water. If the septic level rises, you may have a saturated field bed or a plugged field bed.

kaz69

Reaction score
gurgling sound

The building is behind the tank and the tank is behind the main house. I check outside an I have no saturation of the ground or and water coming to the surface. Any suggestions if it is not the tank. Should I snake the main drain.

Last edited:

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
gurgle

Before snaking anything, locate the opening on the top of the septic tank and see how the liquid in the tank reacts when you try to flood it.

If you don't know when the tank was last pumped, get it done.

If any part of the septic system isn't working well, you won't know it.
First the drains will gurgle and eventually there will be an obstruction in the main drain and everything will stop working.

You can"t tell anything by looking at the ground by the septic tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks