Toilet won't stop filing

Users who are viewing this thread

Eishiba

Reaction score
So when I flush my toilet it continues to fill. These are pictures from the inside of my toilet. The water comes out continuously from this rubber hose. The only way to stop it is to turn the water off by the toilet. IS there anything I can do to stop this?

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 76
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 77

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not recognizing the fill valve, not sure if the angle is throwing me or what, but it's pretty easy to just change it out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is an adjustment on that fill valve. It may still work. Little turn screw. I would replace with a proper fill valve though.

Eishiba

Reaction score
There is an adjustment on that fill valve. It may still work. Little turn screw. I would replace with a proper fill valve though.
I gave it a try but it still keeps filing regardless of how high or low the screw is.

Reach4

Reaction score
Does that toilet flush well, such that you use a plunger less than 0.5/person /year? If not, might be time for a new one. The new ones flush better even tho they use less water.

Wait, that is not a white toilet, is it. I was thinking the color balance might be off on the photo, but now I suspect you have a matching lavatory.

Terry is pretty much saying that you could replace that fill valve with a new Fluidmaster or Korky fill valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks