Toilet waste line setup sink upstream of toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

redrod

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Shawn I am located in Ontario Canada have been trying to figure out my options for my waste setup for a main floor 2 piece that I am replacing in a 110 year old home. They did not have any vents and the toilet is over 10 feet off the main stack. I am running a new vent through the the second floor closet and out the roof. Just want to see about the waste setup as the toilet is down stream from the sink

Option 1 : 2 inch sink waste direct into 3 inch toilet waste

Option 2: 2 inch sink waste joins 3 inch after toilet and after toilet vent

Which option is best or is there another way I should be doing this?

Anything else I am missing to do this right!

Thanks for your time and the many questions I have answered so far by searching this forum

Cheers,
Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your vent plan is good either way. My choice would be what works best and the least amount of fittings to get the job done so I like #1. You may have some extra fittings in the vent plan that are not required but still fine and. You may need to change some of your drainage fittings. It is hard to tell exactly what fitting you have in your drawing. The basic path is fine.

http://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/d..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf

Plumbing-and-Trenching-for-Homeowners---2018 (klickitatcounty.org)

Last edited by a moderator:

redrod

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I was hoping option 1 would work for the waste line as it is less fittings and the easiest path. I was worried that flushing the toilet in option 1 might have some suction effect on the sink trap which might have ruled it out as an option. Thanks for your advice and the links, I will need to change a fitting as I was expecting to put a horizontal sanitation tee at the bottom of the sink drain next to the clean out

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks