Toilet was clogged with disposable brush part of a toilet scrubber

Do I need to call a professional at this point?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

timmer79

Reaction score
My son flushed the disposable brush part of a toilet scrubber that was about 2 inches in diameter. Our toilet was mostly clogged and slowly flushing for a day. However, now it is flushing fine. Do I need to do anything at this point?

Reach4

Reaction score
He is to be congratulated on owning up to it.

If there is doubt, get a 5 gallon container, such as a bucket or plastic wastebasket.

Fill it pretty full, and pour from as high as you are comfortable with as fast as you are comfortable with. That can move things along.

Note that once clear of the toilet itself, the pipes should be almost 3 inches in diameter.

timmer79

Reaction score
He is to be congratulated on owning up to it.

If there is doubt, get a 5 gallon container, such as a bucket or plastic wastebasket.

Fill it pretty full, and pour from as high as you are comfortable with as fast as you are comfortable with. That can move things along.

Note that once clear of the toilet itself, the pipes should be almost 3 inches in diameter.

Thanks so much! I did exactly what you said and things seem good to go!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks