toilet w/ sump or ejector pump

Users who are viewing this thread

kmspca

Reaction score
i'm putting a toilet in my basement that is below the sewer line. i know that i will need either a sump pump or ejector pump. does anyone have a recommendation? also, does it matter which toilet i use with the pump? i'm thinking of one of toto's w/ g-max flushing & wonder if this will work.

thanks for the advice.

Prashster

Reaction score
If yr gonna do an inground pump, you want a sewage pump. A sump pump is for ground water only. Sewage pumps have a macerating blade that chops up da nasties. Around this forum, Zoeller gets consistent high marks. IMHO stay away from the big box brands. It's WELL worth the extra $50 to get a better pump. I speak from experience.

These pumps are designed to sit in the ground in a concealed pit. The pit is designed to accept drain lines like the rest of yr house, so ANY toilet will work with this. Know, though, that the hard work is digging thru the concrete to seat the pit and the drain lines.

If that work has not been done yet, then you'll do well to CONSIDER an above-ground pump unit (also made by Zoeller) or Saniflo that sits behind yr toilet. You have to use a special toilet for that type of unit. Also, the inlet and discharge are smaller than the inground units so they are reputedly prone to clogging. But, for their ease of installation, it's definitely worth a look see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks