Toilet Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

brb

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Newbie here with a question. Adding a half bath to my house and was going to wet vent the toilet through the lav using a 2in vent. Inspector came out and said that the wet vent can't have any changes in pitch other than the 1/4 per foot. He said I could use a 45 and 45 to turn a corner but other than that I was not allowed to use a 22 to a 10in piece to another 22 to use as a wet vent. (which is how I had initially run the drain) I would need to use more than the two 45 to make the drain work. (1920's house not set up for any of this)

The toilet closet bend is the 90 coming down from the floor and then the wye 1/8 bend for the lav drain. Can I add another wye 1/8 bend after the wye 1/8 bend (already installed that I was going to use for a wet vent/lav drain) and run a 2in pipe over 4 ft and then straight up to the lav vent to vent the toilet? I really don't see why this wouldn't work but I am doing this all to code and need to make it right. I added a pic and held up a 45 wye which I know isn't right but was used just for visual reference.

Also, if anyone is local to the Minneapolis/St Paul area I would be glad to pay whatever the going rate is for someone to come over and make this right or for on site advice.

Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• bath.JPG
    bath.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 150
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks