Toilet vent Wye placement & pipe min distance to ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomato

Reaction score
Hello- I’m a newbie working on my house. Today I cut and fit but didn’t glue new waste pvc. Before I glue I hope to find answers to a couple questions.

1. Can the toilet vent wye be below a San t for the tub as in the picture?

2. Is there any code for how close pipes can be from the ground? The washer and kitchen sink pipes get about 2” from ground.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

9F5E3A81-6699-4C4F-A79C-2D735F6932B3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tub could have been installed on the vent to the roof. It would then work as a wet vent for the toilet.

It can't be how it's plumbed below the toilet now.

The washer and sink in other parts of the home will need their own venting. The pipes can be low or high in the crawl space.

Tomato

Reaction score
The tub could have been installed on the vent to the roof. It would then work as a wet vent for the toilet.

It can't be how it's plumbed below the toilet now.

The washer and sink in other parts of the home will need their own venting. The pipes can be low or high in the crawl space.
Great, thank you. So vent the toilet using the San T in the top most position and have the tub go into the Wye below that currently goes to the vent? The kitchen sink and washer do both have vents installed.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the toilet is currently wet vented from the tub vent I see a vent on the tub waste I think its a vent for tub ?

Tomato

Reaction score
I think the toilet is currently wet vented from the tub vent I see a vent on the tub waste I think its a vent for tub ?
Correct. But I now plan to put the toilet vent on the top of the stack with the tub drain underneath based on Terry’s comment.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to rework it . I don't see why the tub won't work as a wet vent as piped currently

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks