Toilet Trap Size

Users who are viewing this thread

pb

Reaction score
Hi -- I've been following this forum and doing my research for new toilets for the house (replace three terrible Mansfield 160s :mad: ). I've narrowed down my choices to the Toto Drake, Toto Ultramax, and Caroma 305.

My question is on the size of the toilet trap -- is a larger trap less likely to clog? Or does trap design matter just as much? ... this noting that the Caroma has a 4" trap, whereas the Totos have a 2 1/8" trap, but both seem to be virtually clog-proof.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can clog anything.

There are some with medical problems that would benifit from the large trapway of the Caroma.

For the rest of us, it doesn't make that much difference. Things zip down pretty well.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am 60, and so far, so good, but it is amazing and sad how many folks have talked to me, sheepishly, saying "My wife -or husband- takes so much medication for.....whatever......and the stools are like bricks....no way they will flush".

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
clog

Also, pre teens and young teenagers also can leave a B.M. thats like a lump of clay and if you can relate to that, keep a stick in the bathroom and try to get them to break it up before flushing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks