Toilet to Horizontal 3x3x2 Sani Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben R

Reaction score
Hi All, I am adding a basement bathroom and I am looking for some advice. I am think I did this wrong and need to make a couple adjustments. Let me know how this looks before I concrete it in :)

4" Sani Tee into main drain to a 4" to 3" reducer to a 3x3x2 sani tee.

I have a feeling that I need to change the current 3x3x2 sani tee to a a 3" 90 degree elbow then between the elbow and the reducer, put a 3x3x2 sani tee (or would a wye work here?) and route in the vanity/tub drain that way. (see 3rd image with red markings)

Sorry for my ignorance all, I am new to this and I am trying to learn as much as possible. I am a very visual person so any response with a diagram would be great. But if not, all help is appreciated!!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 193
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 196
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 206

Ben R

Reaction score
Btw, I have a studor vent on the vanity. This should cover me for all 3 fixtures, correct?

Ben R

Reaction score
So all is good if it is changed to a 3" Wye?

Also, I am all good venting everything using the AAV? This distance from the tub to the AAV is about 4". The distance from the AAV to the toilet is about 5". From the toilet to the main house drain is about 2".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav can vent the toilet and the tub. That should be run in 2". In some states you can vent that group with an AAV assuming that there is at least one atmospheric vent through the roof in the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks