Toilet thunk....not water hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Shikamikamoomoo

Reaction score
We have a large home and are having some issues with noises when flushing the toilets. Backstory... It's a large 2 story with 6 bathrooms....We had so many loud noises when any water was run. We have had a plumber replace both expansion tank (upstairs and down), he also installed a pressure regulator on main and dropped pressure. This took care of a lot of the noises, but within a few days the thunk was back. Now it's primarily when flushing toilets, but happens almost immediately when push handle.... Not when water is cut off.... I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Reach4

Reaction score
Close the stop valve to one of those toilets, and then flush. If you still get a thunk, then it is the toilet. Turn the stop valve back on, of course. You could also leave the valve partially closed, and see what the effect is.

I am not saying that is going to be useful, but it is easy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks