Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Layout 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

sardines

Reaction score
Hi
I'm roughing in a bathroom and I'm looking for advice on how to tie a toilet and sink to an existing sewer line. I am doing this project with permits and would prefer passing inspection on the first visit.

I came up with two options for wet venting the toilet with the sink. Do both options work?

The kitchen sink is upstream and there are no other fixtures downstream after the bathroom.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Layout 2 1.jpg
    Layout 2 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 510
  • Layout 1 1.jpg
    Layout 1 1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Layout 2 2.jpg
    Layout 2 2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Layout 1 2.jpg
    Layout 1 2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 523

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The toilet gets vented before entering the main line by the lav with PVC piping that is 2" all the way including the vent above the lav.
You don't mix PVC and ABS pipe. Rather than put all of those fittings on the drain side of the lav, I would up first from the toilet arm, install a santee with a trap arm for the lav. That way the lav drains over toward that santee and down. A lot less snaking down the line.

sardines

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! Your recommendation for the lav drain is certainly more efficient.

Good catch on the vent. The existing vent is 1 1/2" so I'll change it to a 3" toilet drain. I'll pick up a 4x4x3 wye for the toilet arm and 3x3x2 wye for the lav drain.

Side note, I am allowed to mix PVC and ABS here in Ontario, Canada with the appropriate transition cement.

2019-05-05 23.33.56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks