Toilet & Sink In Pole Barn - Wet Vent Questions - WA State, Port Townsend

Users who are viewing this thread

Galen

Reaction score
Hi All.

Grateful for help on this very simple setup. Home owner with a tiny project that still needs to be done correctly.

I am putting in plumbing under a slab to be poured in a pole building in Western WA state (Port Townsend).

The main sewer line enters very close to the toilet, and the sink is also within a few feet. The water comes in at the sink and will be routed above the slab to the toilet.

Because it is a tight space I am wondering if I can continue the sewer drain past the toilet, and up into a vent at the wall. The sink drain would also enter that wet vent. I have tried to provide a drawing. One view looks down on the plans, and the routing is in black. The other view to the right is kind of a side view.

Questions
1. Will it pass code as created?
2. Please recommend correct pipe sizes and fitting angles to pass code.

Thanks so much for your help.

Plumbing.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would wye off for the lav and add a 3" cleanout in the wall.
So 90 to pick up the toilet, then a wye downstream of that for the lav, with cleanout.
The vent, if this is the only vent for that 3" line remains 3" through the roof. A waste line equals the venting in a building, or vise versa.

Galen

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I can certainly do that.

My next stumbling block is if I will have to do pressure tests for inspections? And if so, is that something I can manage myself?

I am open to hiring a plumber to do this work, but it is sort of last minute.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The low end gets capped, and the vent goes up ten feet high. Fill with water and inspect. The you can connect to your sewer/septic.
Or install a test tee or wye and plug it that way.

Galen

Reaction score
Thanks. Just so I understand your suggestion see the attached drawing looking down (and an attempt at a 3d view).

Wye off downstream of toilet for lav and wet vent. Use 90 degree fitting for toilet. Retain 3" pipe size to vent exit, and include cleanout in wall.

Currently my sink drain enters above the cleanout. Is that correct?
Plumbing2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're going to give the inspector a heart attack if he sees you doing something so nice. He won't be expecting it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks