Toilet sewer odor

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Our house is 19 months old. In January of this year we noticed an odor, which I charactized
as sewer odor. After much hassle the plumbing contractor came out. He removed the toilet
and installed a new wax gasket and reinstalled the toilet. He said the toilet had been installed
wrong! The odor is still there but not as bad. We are at a loss as to what to do. What can be
causing the problem?
thanks
Richard P.

If the wax is sufficient, there should be no sewer gas. I like to feel the wax squishing down as I push the toilet down. Or it could be a crack in the toilet that allows gas to escape. Or it could be a mouse loose in the walls and ceiling peeing all over and smelling it up that way too. I've seen it man! I had to tear apart the walls, just ripped them down to get to that bad smell. Rip, rip rip! I painted over the urine with Zerolac, a white lacquer that covers over smells. They use it for fire restorations. I hated those mieces to pieces! the Mad Plumber

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks