Toilet sewer odor

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Mad Plumber, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

Plumming
    Our house is 19 months old. In January of this year we noticed an odor, which I charactized
    as sewer odor. After much hassle the plumbing contractor came out. He removed the toilet
    and installed a new wax gasket and reinstalled the toilet. He said the toilet had been installed
    wrong! The odor is still there but not as bad. We are at a loss as to what to do. What can be
    causing the problem?
    thanks
    Richard P.

If the wax is sufficient, there should be no sewer gas. I like to feel the wax squishing down as I push the toilet down. Or it could be a crack in the toilet that allows gas to escape. Or it could be a mouse loose in the walls and ceiling peeing all over and smelling it up that way too. I've seen it man! I had to tear apart the walls, just ripped them down to get to that bad smell. Rip, rip rip! I painted over the urine with Zerolac, a white lacquer that covers over smells. They use it for fire restorations. I hated those mieces to pieces! the Mad Plumber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017