Toilet Seat For Bad Lower Back

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiko

Reaction score
I've had a lot of lower back issues this year, and if I sit on the "throne" too long it can actually cause my back to go out. I have one of those molded plastic seats.

Is there a toilet seat out there with some kind of lumbar support or some other kind of seat that doesn't look like it belongs in an old folks home that will support my lower back better. I don't need it to be heated or have water jets and stuff--ergonomics is all I'm after.

Kiko

Reaction score
I tried strapping on the lumbar support I use on my office chair to my toilet seat, and it really worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiko

Reaction score
I bought the blue terrycloth toilet seat cover w/ lumbar support, and it works great. When I sit for a long time, I can get up with no back pain. The only issue I had with it is that the toilet seat would not stay in the up position because of the extra thickness from the terrycloth (covering the lid), but I switched to a different toilet seat, and it now stays up.

I'm surprised no one has replied to this thread. I can't be the only one with a bad back on this site. :confused:

Last edited:

bmfreelance

Reaction score
It's funny I had a similar question and you are the only one that I see has asked a question about my problems and toilet seats my issue is the lower spine and if there are seats to help relieve the pressure off of the lower spine bone

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I've had issues with the lower back, I see this doctor. Clicking on the YoutTube link gets you there.

The seat looks like a good idea too.

However, since I have to install water heaters and heavy stuff for a living, I prefer anything that will let me keep doing it.
On my softball teams, I play catcher for two games a week and outfield for two games.
In the past, playing catcher with all the twisting was hard for me to do. Lately it's been just fine.
The technique is NUCCA
And it works!
Any major city will have someone that can do this.
I almost never need an adjustment. Sometimes I go years between a visit.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks